Monday, June 7, 2010
4th race of my young career - June 5th at 441 Speedway in Dublin, GA
Ok, I know.......it's been a couple of months since we last posted but after that race on April 10th I needed a break. The car was junk that night! It was so loose that I spun out at least 5 times which promptly caused the Flag Man to black flag me. But I was glad because it is really frustrating trying to drive a car that you do not trust to make it out of the corners! So, I put the car on the shelf until we had the money for the new parts to make it better!. Well, we were finally able to get the parts we needed this past Friday! I bought a new right rear spring and spent most of Saturday morning working on my car ans well as Samuel (Fat Jack, Jr) Warren's Bomber car. After working most of the day on both cars we finally loaded up and headed to the track. Of course it started poring down rain and we thought we'd get rained out. But God must be a race fan too because the rain soon stopped and we were in action. I drew #2 position for the heat race but since the rains caused such a delay they cancelled the heat races and that meant that I would start on the outside pole (YIKES!) in the Feature. That was my first time starting so far up front and let me tell ya, it is a different ballgame up there. The folks behind you will do whatever it takes to get up front.....including running you over and putting you in the wall under the flag stand like they did to me! But that is just racing and I'd have probably done the same thing to be honest with ya! I got my position back on outside pole due to someone else causing the caution and I made it pay off because two laps later I passed the leader and DAMN..............I was up front with no cars in sight. But alas, a caution came out before I could make it back to the flag stand so back to second I went. Single file restart this time and I was drivin' it hard to stay with the leader. In fact I drove it so hard into 3 & 4 that I spun out and every last damn car passed me so I had to restart in last. Oh well, it was fun being up front while it lasted but I certainly plan to make a return trip to the front real soon! Although at the back of the field I held my own and hung with the pack, I even passed a car coming out of turn 4 to cross the finish line. All in all I was very happy with the car. That new spring did the trick! I finished 16 out of 21. I am ready for the next race!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment